1.12.2009

i meant to do this months ago when i
first settled into my current house,
but alas that didn't happen. with my
end of year purge, cleaning and
organizing behind me, i am now proud
to show off my room and the semblance
of design experiments it contains.

first off, my bed. i have really simple
white linens, but i absolutely adore
pillows and i have a plethora. many of
them i have made either from napkins
{a great, affordable way to enjoy the
pleasures that abound at such institutions
as anthropologie} or from old button down
shirts. next to the bed is a stack of vintage
leather suitcases i found at a thrift store.
they make a great night stand and serve
as extra storage. on the wall is a black +
white photo collage, some of which i've
taken, others collected and found, others
old photographs of my grandparents.




















next up is my desk that i inherited {i.e.
was left by an old roommate}.
it is the typical college student style
of cinder blocks with an old table top.
i just tore an old sheet in half and wrapped
it around the cinder blocks so i don't have
to look at them. i love the chair that i
found at a thrift store. it's a short little
thing but the seat lifts up to reveal more
storage. this wall is covered with some
favorite found objects such as some
hand-me-down purses, a vintage hat,
some little mirrors, necklaces, cameras
and a pot.
























next is my windowsill that is currently growing
paper whites. these are one of my favorite
flowers and they are so easy to force inside
in the winter time. nothing like a little green
and a lovely scent to liven things up.
























last up is my closet. i don't dare show the
contents, but i really like the doors. i stuck
an old-fashioned black and gold 'private'
sign on one side. enough said.

No comments: